This online, collaborative course will help you grow in the necessary attitudes, skills, and knowledge so that you can be effective in gathering disciples into healthy, relevant, reproducing churches. Participants are both newer and veteran workers, which provides both fresh ideas and wisdom that comes from years of experience.
This learning will focus on four main topics:
- The Biblical Foundation for Community
- Life in the Body
- Forming Communities of Disciples
- Leading and Multiplying
- our biblical calling to establish disciples in communities;
- how the Spirit giftedness of every believer impacts the functioning and formation of the community;
- how social structure applies to church planting;
- and what it means to be open about God’s work in our lives and our host community, as well as potential implications for ministry when this is ignored.
Church: Nurturing Communities of Faith includes four weekly lessons, each of which is divided into subsections that may include an article for reading, a short video, or an activity, and will conclude with a question for group discussion in an online forum. Each subsection will normally take 15-45 minutes to complete. You should plan to participate in the course every day (excluding weekends) and spend about 4-6 hours weekly engaged in the course. All the material is downloadable and usable offline (with links to videos).
Church: Nurturing Communities of Faith grows out of the World Team Church Planting and Multiplication Roadmap. The Roadmap addresses four critical components: Evangelism, Discipleship, Nurturing Community, and Multiplication. This courses focuses on the third component, which is Nurturing Community.